- Introduction - A brief discussion of how the books came to be.
- The Island and its Railways - This section talks about how Sodor came to be and the history of each of its railways.
- Characters in the Stories
- Your Frequently Asked Questions Answered
- The Stories, Their Origin and Location - this section talks about Railway Series books 1-40.
- Thomas: A Crown Worth Fighting For
- A full sized map of the Island of Sodor.
- This book falsely states that Ernest and Wilfred do not appear in the stories of Mountain Engines.
- In the fourth section, there is no section for The Twin Engines. As such, the following book, Branch Line Engines is listed as being published in 1960, instead of 1961. The publication date for Gallant Old Engine is given as 1961, instead of 1962.
- The book's cover and map shows that Edward's train charged by cows happened between Crosby and Wellsworth, while Christopher Awdry says that it happened between Knapford and Crosby.
- The book falsely states that The Flying Kipper took place in 1951, while in The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways, it happened in 1935.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.