The Sodor Brass Band is a group of musicians who originally came from the Mainland. They play music using brass instruments at special events and locations.
The number of members in the band varies from as low as four to, at one time, ten. The most common composition of the band is six members, consisting of the bandleader, a tuba player, a drummer, a trombone player, a cymbals player and a trumpeter. It is also common for the band to perform with just four members, omitting the leader and the drummer.
Every summer, the Brass Band performs a special concert that is very popular with holidaymakers. Edward usually takes them to this concert, though one year he was unable to, due to getting in an accident at the Docks, so Bertie took the band instead. A storm the previous night had flooded several roads, and turned fields into mud, so Bertie ended up getting stuck. The Bandsmen used their instruments as an alarm, and Edward was able to rescue them and take them to the concert at Tidmouth Bay, which was a great success.
The Bandsmen wear scarlet tunics with a matching belt, black trousers with yellow stripes and scarlet caps, each with a black band and brass plaque.
- Keith Wickham (UK/US; Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure)
- Kenta Miyake (Japan; Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure)
Stout Band Member
Other Band Members
- Keiji Hirai (Japan; seventh season only)
- Ryō Horikawa (Japan; eighth season only)
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan; ninth season only)
- One of the band members is on display at the Hara Model Railway Museum.
- On The Official Website, there is a Sodor Brass Band Van featured in a game called "Celebration Game". It is based on the vans built by Morris and Bedford in the 1940s and the 1950s. Tom Tipper's post van shares the same basis.
- Wooden Railway (decal, only available in the Logan and the Big Blue Engines set)