- “Come on! Come on! Why aren't you trucks where you should be?"
"There's no engine, and we can only go where we're put! You're in the wrong place, not us!”
- ―Bulstrode arguing with the troublesome trucks
Toby is sent to a seaside village to be their "special attraction," as they have one every year. But when he gets there, he learns there is no room for him in the parade. After Toby chuffs sadly back to the junction, Percy sees how upset Toby is. Before Toby can tell him why, the Fat Controller tells Percy to take care of some important work in the harbour. Percy's driver says that it will be trouble with Bulstrode, a disagreeable barge who never stops complaining.
At the harbour, Bulstrode and the trucks are arguing about who is in the wrong place. Once Percy arrives, the trucks ask to be shunted into a siding to load Bulstrode up with their stone so he can leave and they can be rid of him. While pushing the trucks, Percy cannot stop in time and he sends them toppling off the high wharf and right into Bulstrode's hull which nearly sinks him much to the other trucks' amusement. It takes a very long time to clear the mess, after which a disgraced Bulstrode is towed to a beach. The workmen leave him there, telling him he can stay where he is for visiting children to play in, where he will finally be useful.
When Percy returns, Toby is over his disappointment and tells Percy that his driver says that both of them are Special Attractions after all everywhere they go.
- Troublesome Trucks
- Bulstrode (debut)
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Trevor (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- The Vicar of Wellsworth (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- One Little Boy (cameo)
- The Dryaw Policeman (cameo)
- The Crovan's Gate Policeman (cameo)
- The Painter (cameo)
- Big Mickey (faceless; cameo)
- Tidmouth Beach
- Gordon's Hill
- Norramby Church Station
- Knapford Harbour
- Road Beside Rail and Canal Runby (deleted scene)
- The models for O.J., Izzy Gomez, Big Mickey, the Bigg City Port Fire Station, and a three berth garage from TUGS are seen.
- This episode marks the first and only appearance of Bulstrode to date, although his model and face were used in later episodes.
- This episode marks the last of some things:
- The last episode to be featured on Shining Time Station, as the remainder of the fourth series would air on Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales.
- The last appearance of Elsbridge to date, though it appears in a deleted scene in the next episode and would later be mentioned in the nineteenth series episode, Wild Water Rescue.
- The last appearance of Knapford Harbour until the Meet the Steam Team video "Meet Percy".
- The last episode where Kōhei Miyauchi voiced Sir Topham Hatt in the Japanese narration before he died.
- In the US narration, after Bulstrode says "Come on! Come on!", George Carlin hiccups.
- Studio equipment can be seen when Toby puffs through the seaside.
- Before Percy's driver takes him down to the docks, he has dark brown hair. But as Percy puffed away, his driver has a different head mask and light brown hair colour.
- When the troublesome trucks say "There's no engine and we can only go where we're put! You're in the wrong place, not us!" one has wonky eyes and another truck's face is loose.
- When Percy's trucks land in Bulstrode's hull, Percy's wheels derail and he is crooked on his chassis.
- The buffers Percy hits are placed quite a distance ahead of where the track actually ends.
- In a close-up of Toby at the seaside, his left window (viewer's right) appears to be burnt.
- In the close-up of the trucks' wheels when they wail "Help! Help!" the track bounces slightly.
- When Percy reverses with the trucks, they are facing him. But when he is lining them up, they are facing away from him.
- When the trucks burst through the buffers, they come off the rails, but in another shot they derail again.
- When Percy whistles just before buffering up to the trucks, a fast puffing noise can be heard.
- Driver: Well, if that doesn't take the biscuit! They've run out of room in the parade and don't need a special attraction after all. We've got to go home, Toby. I'm sorry, old boy.
- Toby: [sighs] So am I.
- Bulstrode: C'mon! C'mon! Why aren't you trucks where you should be?
- Trucks: There's no engine and we can only go where we're put! You're in the wrong place! Not us!
In Other Languages