The special coaches were used for carrying and transporting special visitors across the Island of Sodor. Gordon once used the coaches to carry Dowager Hatt to Wellsworth. James has also used the coaches several times and once used them to take Mrs. Kyndley to the funfair at Tidmouth Bay. Later on, James used the coaches to transport the Mayor.
They appear to be based upon MK1 Suburban carriages without corridors.
The coaches were painted maroon with silver buffers, grey roofs and red lining, bufferbeams and couplings.
- Series 5 - A Better View for Gordon, Gordon and the Gremlin and Make Someone Happy
- Series 6 - A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter
- Series 7 - James and the Queen of Sodor and Gordon and Spencer (as Spencer's Coaches)
- Series 8 - Edward the Great (as Spencer's Coaches)
- Series 10 - Topped Off Thomas (as Spencer's Coaches)
- Series 11 - Emily's Rubbish (as Spencer's Coaches) and Dream On (as Spencer's Coaches)
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- My First Thomas (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail