Take-n-Play was a Thomas and Friends die-cast toy range produced by Fisher-Price. It has replaced and is compatible with the Take Along die-cast toy range produced by Learning Curve until late 2009. The line was replaced by Adventures in 2017.
The Take-n-Play range has gone through two major changes. The first change occurred in 2013, when numerous models were re-designed with noticeable upgrades and/or alterations to their faces, wheels and overall detailing. New introductions to the range all acquired this change in their initial release. The change also coincided with the moving of production from China to Thailand. A brand new box-like packaging was also incorporated to house the models replacing the previous, back-to-back vision packaging style. Promotional images were also accompanying the traditional names on the boxes. Earth-moving vehicles such as Jack and Alfie now have hollow buckets, whereas the last range has filled magnetized buckets.
The second change occurred from mid-2014, when numerous models were again re-designed with complete re-works to their overall appearance including: their wheel configuration, height, length and overall detailing. The second re-design was the biggest change in Take-n-Play's history. All new introductions to the range acquire the changes in their initial release. Most re-designed engines now use a standard four/six-wheel chassis and engines who have more than six wheels having their additional wheels moulded onto the sides of their undercarriage. Furthermore, all tender engines now receive a four wheeled tender while models with once moving bogies, all gained static structures. The smaller two-way magnets were also replaced with a new one-way system, identical to that used on the Wooden Railway range of toys. The cabs, domes, whistles and any other detailing on the top of the engines also shrunk in size. The models were also made out of a cheaper metal. This re-design is the current design for the Take-n-Play range to date.
2015 saw another packaging re-design to house the models in a more compact space, shrinking the promotional image and name tag on the boxes in the process. Although many models took a drastic re-design, models such as Bertie, Harold, Butch and Captain did not receive a re-work, as it was not necessary to re-construct their models. Instead they were re-produced in the year sporting their 2013 designs but were re-released in this new form of packaging.
An overall third packaging re-design took place in 2016. From this year onwards, many models were again re-released with this brand new package and all new releases also acquired this new display box. 2016 was the final year for the Take-n-Play range, since it was replaced by a similar new range called Adventures.
|Model||Original Release Year||Item Number (Original)||Item Number (New)||Asst. Number||Notes|
|Thomas||2010||R8847||CBL75||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Percy||2010||R8848||CBL76||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Salty||2010||R8849||CBL78||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Diesel 10||2010||R8853||CBL87||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|James||2010||R8855||CBL85||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Emily||2010||R8856||CBL90||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Gordon||2010||R9036||CBL86||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Henry||2010||R9037||CBL91||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Hiro||2010||R9039||CBL92||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Molly||2010||R9040||R8852||Redesigned in 2013.|
|Charlie||2010||R9459||CBL79||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Diesel||2010||R9461||CBL82||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Rosie||2010||R9462||CCK06||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Edward||2010||R9463||CBN31||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Hank||2010||R9464||CBM77||R8852||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Victor||2010||R9465||CBL77||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Patchwork Hiro||2010||R9617||DGF79||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2016.|
|Spencer||2010||R9618||CBL93||R8852||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Mavis||2010||R9838||R8846||Redesigned in 2013.|
|Stanley||2010||R9839||CCJ93||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Toby||2010||R9840||CBL83||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Sir Handel||2010||T0192||DGF46||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2016.|
|Arthur||2010||T0193||R8852||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Ferdinand||2010||T0247||CBL89||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2014.|
|Jelly Bean Percy||2010||T2243||T2242||Target exclusive.|
|Chocolate Covered Thomas||2010||T2244||T2242||Target exclusive.|
|Bill and Ben||2010||T4830||R8863||Released as a twin pack in 2010 and individually in 2015.|
|Thomas Lost at Sea||2010||V7645||Kmart exclusive.|
|Holiday Thomas||2010||V8294||V8293||Target exclusive.|
|Holiday Percy||2010||V8295||V8293||Target exclusive.|
|Dash||2011||T5576||CBL81||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Bash||2011||T5577||CBL80||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Scruff||2011||V1295||CDV06||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Skarloey||2011||V1296||R8846||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Donald||2011||V1299||CCK15||R8852||Redesigned in 2015.|
|Douglas||2011||V1300||CCK19||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Belle||2011||V7640||CBL88||R8852||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Den||2011||V8978||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Dart||2011||V8979||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Paxton||2011||W9129||DGF58||R8846||Toys "R" Us exclusive until 2012. Redesigned in 2013 and 2016.|
|Norman||2011||W9130||R8846||Toys "R" Us exclusive until 2012.|
|Sidney||2011||W9131||R8846||Toys "R" Us exclusive until 2012. Redesigned in 2013.|
|Fearless Freddie||2012||W5936||CBM75||R8846||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Iron 'Arry||2012||X0767||CCK07||R8846||Redesigned in 2015.|
|Winston||2012||X0769||DJD84||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Luke||2012||X0770||CCJ89||R8846||Redesigned in 2013 and 2015.|
|Victor Comes to Sodor||2012||X0771||R8846|
|Iron Bert||2012||X2430||CBL84||R8846||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Victor's Great Splash||2012||X2676||R8846|
|Toy Fair 2012 Silver Thomas||2012||Y4525||Exclusive to Toy Fair New York 2012.|
|Stafford||2013||Y1102||DGF45||R8846||Redesigned in 2016.|
|Stephen||2013||Y2900||CCJ98||R8846||Redesigned in 2015.|
|Harvey||2013||Y2906||CCK01||R8846||Redesigned in 2015.|
|Millie||2013||Y2907||DGF60||R8846||Redesigned in 2016.|
|Connor||2013||Y2908||CBM78||R8852||Redesigned in 2014.|
|Caitlin||2013||Y2910||CKY52||R8852||Redesigned in 2016.|
|Special Edition Silver Thomas||2013||Y2911|
|Stephen the Original Steamie||2013||BBP06||R8846|
|Porter||2014||BCW90||CCK05||R8846||Redesigned in 2015.|
|Big City Engine||2014||BCW98||R8852|
|Smelly Scruff||2014||BGF70||R8846||Features Scruff covered in varying garbage.|
|Special Edition Thrills and Spills Thomas||2014||BHP78|
|Thomas and the Slithery Snakes||2015||CCJ96||R8846||Features Thomas with detachable log covered in snakes.|
|Millie's Dusty Discovery||2015||CCK02||R8846||Features Millie with quarry dust detail.|
|Snowy Gordon||2015||CCK18||R8852||Features Gordon with snow detail.|
|Busy Bee James||2015||CCK21||R8852|
|Stanley in Space||2015||CDY30||R8846||Features Stanley with detachable space helmet. Inspired by viral video "A Toy Train in Space".|
|Pirate Salty||2015||CDY31||R8846||Features Salty with detachable pirate hat and beard.|
|Special Edition Gold Thomas||2015||CFR91|
|Mike the Miniature Engine||2015||CGT11||R8852|
|Rex the Miniature Engine||2015||CGT12||R8852|
|Toy Fair 2015 Gold Thomas||2015||DKB68||Toy Fair New York exclusive version of CFR91.|
|Jungle Adventure Thomas||2016||DGF44||R8846|
|Bert the Miniature Engine||2016||DGF78||R8852|
|Shooting Star Gordon||2016||DGF82||R8852|
|Special Edition Racing Thomas||2016||DGF85||R8846|
- Annie and Clarabel (sold together in mutli-pack; discontinued)
- Rocky (discontinued)
- Troublesome Truck (in Grey Livery; discontinued)
- Diesel Fuel Tanker (discontinued)
- Oil Tanker (discontinued)
- Quarry Car (discontinued)
- Storybook Car (discontinued)
- Sodor Supply Co. (discontinued)
- Sodor Zoo Snake Car (discontinued)
- Farm Animals Car (discontinued)
- Bubbles Tanker (discontinued)
- Spider Exhibit Car (discontinued)
- Sodor Mining Co. Car (discontinued)
- Crocodile Special (discontinued)
- Sodor Cement Mixer (discontinued)
- Sodor Circus Monkey (discontinued)
- Annie (re-designed; discontinued)
- Clarabel (re-designed; discontinued)
- Troublesome Truck (re-designed in Teal Livery; discontinued)
- Hector (discontinued)
- Annie (re-designed)
- Clarabel (re-designed)
- Troublesome Truck (re-designed in Blue Livery; currently sold only in multi-pack 'Brendam Buddies')
- Hector (re-designed)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Car (discontinued)
- Bertie (discontinued)
- Harold (discontinued)
- Cranky (sold only in sets 'Cranky at the Docks' and 'Totally Tidmouth Set')
- Elizabeth (discontinued)
- Alfie (discontinued)
- Kelly (discontinued)
- Byron (discontinued)
- Madge (discontinued)
- Colin (sold only in set 'Colin at the Wharf'; discontinued)
- Kevin (discontinued)
- Captain (discontinued)
- Jack (discontinued)
- Isobella (discontinued)
- Butch (discontinued)
- Mr. Percival's Car (discontinued)
- Flynn (discontinued)
- Owen (sold only in set 'Great Quarry Climb'; discontinued)
- Bertie (re-designed; discontinued)
- Harold (re-designed)
- Butch (re-designed)
- Kevin (re-designed; discontinued)
- Captain (re-designed)
- Flynn (re-designed; discontinued)
- Jack (re-designed; discontinued)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Car (re-introduced; currently sold only in multi-pack 'Sodor Celebration')
- Bulstrode (currently sold only in multi-pack 'Brendam Buddies')
- Jack (re-designed)
- Max and Monty (currently sold only in multi-pack 'Lift and Load Cargo Crew')
- Kevin (re-designed)
- Flynn (re-designed)
- Reg (sold only in sets 'Scrapyard Cleanup Team' and 'Reg's Christmas Surprise')
- Bertie (slightly re-designed; no silver wheel arch)
- Oliver the Excavator (currently only sold in multi-pack 'Jack and the Pack')
Special Edition Engines/Vehicles
- 65th Anniversary Thomas (discontinued)
- Chocolate Covered Thomas (discontinued)
- Jelly Bean Percy (discontinued)
- Holiday Thomas (discontinued)
- Holiday Percy (discontinued)
- Patchwork Hiro (discontinued)
- Thomas and the Raft (Kmart Exclusive; discontinued)
- Victor Comes to Sodor (discontinued)
- Victor's Great Splash (discontinued)
- Special Edition Silver Thomas (discontinued)
- Patchwork Hiro (re-designed; discontinued)
- Stephen the Original Steamie (discontinued)
- Special Edition Spills and Thrills Thomas (discontinued)
- Smelly Scruff (discontinued)
- Kevin's Oil Spill (discontinued)
- Special Edition Gold Thomas
- Thomas and the Slithery Snakes
- Snowy Gordon
- Busy Bee James
- Stanley in Space
- Pirate Salty
- Millie's Dusty Discovery
- Special Edition Racing Thomas
- Jungle Adventure Thomas
- Streamlined Thomas
- Shooting Star Gordon
- Patchwork Hiro (re-designed)
- Thomas and Rosie (discontinued)
- Percy and Mavis (discontinued)
- Toby and Flora (discontinued)
- Classic Friends (includes: Thomas, Percy and Rosie; discontinued)
- Percy's Sweet Special (includes: Chocolate-Covered Percy, Mr Jolly's Chocolate Factory Truck and a Sodor Sweet Shop Tanker; discontinued)
- Spencer's Heavy Haul (includes: Spencer and 2 Special Trucks; discontinued)
- Gordon's Snowy Special (includes: Snow-Covered Gordon and 2 Trucks with Coal and Log Loads; discontinued)
- Emily Stuck in the Brush (includes: Muddy Emily and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- James' Muddy Mess (includes: Muddy James and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Thomas and the Troublesome Trucks (includes: Thomas and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Thomas and the Treasure (includes: Thomas and a Pirate's Cove Truck with a Treasure Chest; discontinued)
- Hank and the Fishes (includes: Hank, a Boat on a Flatbed and a Brendam Fish Market Truck; discontinued)
- Thomas and the Bees (includes: Bee-Covered Thomas, a Bee Car, a Bee Hive Truck and a Honey Tanker; discontinued)
- Harold and the Rescue Cars (includes: Harold, a Flatbed with Lifeboat Supplies and a Sodor Rescue Truck with Magnetic Load; discontinued)
- Henry and the Gold Mine (includes: Dusty Henry and a Gold Mine Truck; discontinued)
- Edward and the Jobi Tree (includes: Dusty Edward and 2 Log Cars with Jobi Wood; discontinued)
- Charlie and the Aquarium (includes: Charlie, a Fish Truck and a Fish Tank Car; discontinued)
- Thomas and the Lion of Sodor (includes: Thomas, the Lion of Sodor on a Flatbed and a Boxcar; discontinued)
- Pop Goes Thomas (includes: a Lemonade-Covered Thomas and Lemonade Truck; discontinued)
- Percy Hard at Work (includes: an Exclusive-Faced Percy and 3 Sodor Construction Company Trucks with Loads that Create a Covered Bridge; discontinued)
- Salty's Catch of the Day (includes: Salty, a Tanker, a Brendam Fish Market Truck and a Boat on a Flatbed; discontinued)
- Steamies vs. Diesels (includes: Thomas, Percy, Diesel and Mavis; discontinued)
- Thomas Hard at Work (includes: an Exclusive-Faced Thomas and 3 Sodor Construction Company Trucks with Loads that Create a Covered Bridge; discontinued)
- Kevin's Helping Hook (includes: Kevin and a Truck; discontinued)
- Percy and Kevin to the Rescue (includes: Percy, Kevin and 2 Flatbeds; discontinued)
- Thomas to the Rescue (includes: Dusty Thomas and a Truck with Rescue Supplies; discontinued)
- Scruff's Dirty Job (includes: Scruff and a Truck; discontinued)
- Surprise, Surprise at the Steamworks (includes: Thomas, Victor and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Tree Trouble at the Dieselworks (includes: Thomas, Den, a Flatbed with a Christmas Tree and a Truck with a Barrel; discontinued)
- Muddy Ferdinand (includes: Muddy Ferdinand, a Muddy Lion of Sodor on a Flatbed and a Truck with Logs; discontinued)
- Victor and the Oil Cargo (includes: Oil-Covered Victor and a Truck with Oil Drums; discontinued)
- Rocky's Search and Rescue (includes: Rocky and a Truck; discontinued)
- Thomas at the Fair (includes: Decorated Thomas and 3 Trucks with Animals; discontinued)
- James' Ice Cream Express (includes: Sprinkles-Covered James, a Flatbed with Ice Cream Containers and a Sodor Sweet Shoppe Tanker; discontinued)
- Tales from the Past Engines (includes: a Muddy Thomas, a Wood-Covered Diesel, a Jam-Covered Percy and a Partially Repainted Victor; discontinued)
- Percy's Bumpy Delivery (includes: Percy and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Diesel's Spider Delivery (includes: Spider Exhibit Diesel with 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Salty's Diesel Delivery (includes: Salty and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Diesel's Engine Repair (includes: Diesel and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Rheneas' New Coat of Paint (includes: Rheneas in Yellow Livery and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Sir Handel's Day at the Quarry (includes: Dusty Sir Handel and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Thomas at the Winter Festival (includes: Special Thomas and a Truck; discontinued)
- Thomas at the Halloween Celebration (includes: Thomas and a Truck; discontinued)
- Thomas at the Spring Fair (includes: Spring Fair Thomas and a Truck; discontinued)
- Thomas at the Summer Festival (includes: Summer Fair Thomas and a Truck; discontinued)
- Gordon's Rattling Cargo (includes: Gordon with a Snap-On Diesel Bufferbeam and a Truck; discontinued)
- Whiff's Messy Day (includes: Whiff and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Stephen and the Treasure (includes: Dusty Stephen and 2 Trucks with a Treasure Chest and an Armoured Horse Statue; discontinued)
- Flynn to the Rescue (includes: Flynn and a Truck; discontinued)
- Percy's Catapult Cargo (includes: Percy and 2 Trucks with a Statue with Suit of Armour and a Catapult; discontinued)
- Thomas the Red Nose Engine (includes: Thomas and 3 Trucks; discontinued)
- Thomas' Tall Friend (includes: Thomas and 3 Trucks; discontinued)
- Diesel's Mine Discovery (includes: Gem-Covered Diesel and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Percy's Fishery Delivery (includes: Percy and a Boat on a Flatbed; discontinued)
- Lift and Load Charlie (includes: Charlie and a Crane on a Flatbed; discontinued)
- Harvey's Heavy Haul (includes: Muddy Harvey with a Snap-On Dirt Pile and 2 Flatbeds; discontinued)
- Stephen's Sticky Delivery (includes: Jam-Covered Stephen with a Snap-On Jam Spill and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- James and the Flying Kipper (includes: Fish-Covered James with Snap-On Fish and a Flatbed; discontinued)
- Porter's Dockside Dash (includes: Porter with a Snap-On Rope and 2 Trucks; discontinued)
- Reg's Christmas Surprise (includes: Snowy Thomas and Reg; discontinued)
- Rock Mining Adventure (includes: Dirty Thomas, a Truck and Track Section; discontinued)
- Gator's Mysterious Cargo (includes: Gator with Glow-in-the-Dark, Snap-On Leaves and 2 Trucks with a Build-able Dinosaur Fossil)
- Percy's Fossil Dig (includes: Percy with a Glow-in-the-Dark, Snap-On Dinosaur Fossil and 2 Trucks)
- Ben's Cement Mix-Up (includes: Ben with a Snap-On Cement Spill and 2 Trucks)
- Thomas' Favorite Friends (includes: Thomas, Percy, Diesel, Victor, Dash, Kevin, Winston, Harold, Captain and Bertie; Toys R Us Exclusive)
- Brendam Buddies (includes: Percy, Salty, Blue Troublesome Truck and Bulstrode)
- Dieselworks Fix-Up (includes: Diesel, Den, Dart and a Truck)
- Sodor Celebration (includes: Celebration Thomas, Annie and Clarabel and Sir Topham Hatt's Car)
- Steamies vs. Diesels (includes: Thomas, Percy, Charlie, Diesel, Iron 'Arry and Iron Bert)
- Lift and Load Cargo Crew (includes: Harvey, Max, Monty and a Flatbed with Load)
- Sodor's Green Team (includes: Exclusive Percy, Exclusive Whiff, Exclusive Scruff and a Truck with Load)
- Jack and the Pack (includes: Exclusive Thomas, Jack, Oliver the Excavator and a Flatbed with Load)
- Thomas (discontinued)
- Edward (discontinued)
- Henry (discontinued)
- Gordon (discontinued)
- James (discontinued)
- Percy (discontinued)
- Toby (discontinued)
- Spencer (discontinued)
- Rosie (discontinued)
- Diesel (discontinued)
- Emily (discontinued)
- Salty (discontinued)
- Diesel 10 (discontinued)
- Flynn (discontinued)
- Sir Topham Hatt's/The Fat Controller's Musical Caboose (discontinued)
- Troublesome Trucks (discontinued)
- Percy at the Dieselworks (discontinued)
- Thomas and Percy Hard at Work (Kmart Exclusive; discontinued)
- Charlie (discontinued)
- Belle (discontinued)
- Paxton (discontinued)
- Flynn to the Rescue (discontinued)
- Thomas (re-designed; discontinued)
- Edward (re-designed; discontinued)
- Henry (re-designed; discontinued)
- Gordon (re-designed; discontinued)
- James (re-designed; discontinued)
- Percy (re-designed; discontinued)
- Toby (re-designed; discontinued)
- Spencer (re-designed; discontinued)
- Emily (re-designed; discontinued)
- Hiro (discontinued)
- Charlie (re-designed; discontinued)
- Belle (re-designed; discontinued)
- Diesel (re-designed; discontinued)
- Salty (re-designed; discontinued)
- Diesel 10 (re-designed; discontinued)
- Thomas (re-designed)
- Henry (re-designed)
- Gordon (re-designed)
- James (re-designed)
- Percy (re-designed)
- Toby (re-designed)
- Spencer (re-designed)
- Ferdinand (re-designed)
- Diesel (re-designed)
- Salty (re-designed)
- Diesel 10 (re-designed)
- Winston (re-designed)
Pull 'n' Zoom Engines
- Thomas (re-designed; discontinued)
- Toby (discontinued)
- Henry (discontinued)
- Spencer (discontinued)
- Salty (discontinued)
Push 'n' Puff Engines
Speedy Launching Engines
- Thomas at Tidmouth Sheds
- Bill at the Scrapyard
- Charlie at the Reptile Shed
- Luke at the Blue Mountain Quarry
- Thomas at the Farm (discontinued)
- Percy's Mail Delivery (discontinued)
- Cranky at the Docks (discontinued)
- Tidmouth Sheds (discontinued
- Tote-a-Train Playbox (discontinued)
- Rescue From Misty Island(discontinued)
- Knapford Station Playset (includes: Percy; discontinued)
- Sodor Shipping Company Load and Go Playset (discontinued)
- Totally Tidmouth Playset (includes: Thomas, Percy, Toby, Salty, Diesel and Troublesome Truck; discontinued)
- Colin at the Wharf (includes: Charlie; discontinued)
- Sir Handel at Great Waterton (discontinued)
- Rock Quarry Run (includes: Thomas; discontinued)
- Tidmouth Tunnel Starter Set (includes: Thomas; discontinued)
- Toby at Trotter's Farm (Tesco Exclusive; discontinued)
- Sodor Engine Wash (discontinued)
- The Dieselworks (includes: Diesel; discontinued)
- Sodor Steamworks Repair Shed (discontinued)
- Talking Diesel's Fuel and Freight Delivery (discontinued)
- Rumbling Gold Mine Run (includes: Gold-Covered Thomas; discontinued)
- Thomas at Pirate's Cove (Target Exclusive; discontinued)
- Sodor Search and Rescue Centre (includes: Flynn, without Trailer; discontinued)
- Great Quarry Climb Playset (discontinued)
- Twist and Tumble Cargo Drop (discontinued)
- Sodor Paint Shop (includes Paint-Splattered Bill; discontinued)
- Paxton at the Blue Mountain Stone Shed (discontinued)
- Thomas at the Ironworks (discontinued)
- Slate Loading Station (discontinued)
- Thomas' Treasure Hunt Adventure (discontinued)
- Around the Rails with Thomas (discontinued)
- Blue Mountain Quarry Deluxe Set (Toys R Us Exclusive; discontinued)
- Sodor Lumber Company (includes: Thomas; discontinued)
- Thomas' Shark Exhibit (discontinued)
- Brendam Docks (includes Norman; discontinued)
- Talking Diesel's Fuel and Freight Delivery (includes: Talking Diesel covered with Dust, 2 Trucks, Oval Track and Warning Signs; discontinued)
- Go Go Speedy Railway (discontinued)
- Thomas Portable Set (discontinued)
- Percy Portable Set (discontinued)
- Diesel Portable Set (discontinued)
- Tidmouth Sheds (re-issued with re-designed 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Cranky at the Docks (re-issued with re-designed 2013 Salty; discontinued)
- Sodor Engine Wash (re-issued with re-designed 2013 Percy; discontinued)
- Sodor Steamworks Repair Shed (re-issued with re-designed 2013 Stanley; discontinued)
- Thomas at Pirates' Cove (Target Exclusive; re-issued with re-designed 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Rescue From Misty Island (re-issued with re-designed 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Sodor Search and Rescue Centre (re-issued with 2013 Flynn; discontinued)
- Thomas at the Ironworks (re-issued with 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Around the Rails with Thomas (re-issued with 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Sodor Lumber Company (re-issued with 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Thomas' Shark Exhibit (re-issued with 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Go Go Speedy Railway (re-issued with re-designed 2013 Percy; discontinued)
- Thomas Portable Set (re-issued with 2013 Thomas; discontinued)
- Sodor Paint Shop (re-issued with 2013 Stanley; discontinued)
- Thomas' Adventure Castle (discontinued)
- Treasure Tracks (includes: Thomas; discontinued)
- Lion Canyon (includes: Thomas; discontinued)
- Percy's Penguin Adventure (discontinued)
- Sodor Spiral Run (includes: Thomas; discontinued)
- Whiff's Banana Blooper (includes: Whiff with Snap-On Bananas; discontinued)
- Stanley's Construction Clash (includes: Stanley with Snap-On Hazard Cones; discontinued)
- Bash's Tree Tumble (includes: Bash with a Snap-On Bush; discontinued)
- Paxton's Blizzard Blunder (includes: Paxton with a Snap-On Snowplough covered in Snow)
- Spills and Thrills on Sodor (includes: Thomas with a Snap-On Paint Splat; discontinued)
- Diesel's Double Delivery (discontinued)
- Salty's Flip Track (discontinued)
- Dash's Misty Island Mission (discontinued)
- Skarloey at the Wharf (discontinued)
- Percy to the Rescue (discontinued)
- Roaring Dino Run (includes: Thomas)
- Thomas and Cranky's Cargo Drop (includes: Thomas with Snap-On Sandbags)
- Toby and the Spooky Barn (includes: Toby with a Snap-On Owl Perched on Logs)
- Scrapyard Cleanup Team (includes: Percy and Reg)
- Sodor Lumber Company (re-issued with 2014 Thomas)
- Spiral Tower Tracks with Thomas
- Spiral Tower Tracks with Percy
- Spiral Tower Tracks with Diesel
- Spiral Tower Tracks with Dart
- On-the-Go Playbox
- Rattling Railsss (includes: Thomas)
- Gator's Chase and Chomp
- Water Works Rescue (includes: Water-Splashed Thomas; Target Exclusive)
- Lake Levee Repair (includes: Water-Splashed Percy; Target Exclusive)
- Daring Dragon Drop (includes: Thomas with a Dragon Shield)
- Steamworks Tile Tracks (includes: Victor)
- Knapford Station Tile Tracks (includes: Thomas)
- Farm Tile Tracks (includes: Percy)
- Thomas at the Rescue Centre
- Salty at the Docks
- Charlie at Ulfstead Castle
- Thomas at the Water Tower
- Tidmouth Sheds Adventure Hub
- Rail Racers Playset
- Jungle Quest Set (includes: Thomas)
- Train Maker Set
- Straight and Curved Track Pack (discontinued)
- Straight, Curved and Crossings Track Pack (discontinued)
- S-Curve Track (discontinued)
- Flexi Track Pack (discontinued)
- Bridge Track Pack (discontinued)
- Thomas' Bridge Delivery (discontinued)
- Mini Spiral Track (discontinued)
- Bridge Fold Out Track (discontinued)
- Sites on Sodor Playmat (discontinued)
- Thomas' Railway Adventures! (includes: Thomas and a DVD featuring the episodes, The Early Bird and Slippy Sodor)
- Gordon, Emily, Murdoch, Spencer, Hank, Hiro, (both normal and patchwork versions), Freddie, Connor, Caitlin, Gator, D199 and Class 40 have a reduced number of wheels due to sizing constraints.
- Belle's initial and 2013 models have the most wheels of any engine (not counting tender wheels).
- Kelly's prototype was a re-painted Take Along Monty with the breakdown train's crane part added on.
- The Storybook Car's prototype had gold magnets.
- Captain's models do not have masts.
- The Knapford Station set has shed doors.
- Whiff's original model had an incorrect 0-4-4 wheel arrangement. The 2013 re-designed model gained the correct 2-2-4 wheel arrangement.
- Salty's bufferbeam was red instead of yellow on his original model. This was corrected on the re-designed models in 2013.
- Annie and Clarabel's wheels were white instead of black. This was corrected on their re-designed 2013 models.
- Sidney's models are missing the hazard stripes underneath his face.
- The prototypes of Emily, Molly and the Big City Engine had six wheels on their tenders, while their final models have four.
- Some engines do not have a hollow area for their cab; this is the case with all post-second re-design engines with the exception of 'Arry, Bert and Hiro.
- On the 2013 models of James and Edward, their handrails extend onto their smokeboxes, though this portion is unpainted.
- Charlie's prototype had a black dome.
- The Slate Loading Station is a re-coloured Load-n-Go set.
- The front end of Victor's saddle tank above his smoke box in his flashback, sea-soaked and partially-repainted models is black instead of yellow.
- Luke, Norman and Class 40 have black buffers instead of silver ones.
- D199's side detail is reversed compared to his other merchandise models.
- Class 40's bogies do not rotate.
- A prototype drawing shows that Sir Handel was going to be included in the Tidmouth Tunnel Starter Set.
- The tank engines (re-releases or new releases from late-2014 onwards with circular magnets) have squatter cabs and domes, the former with the windows blacked out.
- All tender engines except Hiro (re-released or new released from late-2014 onwards with circular magnets) do not have inner-cab detailing and their cab windows are blacked out. They all have four-wheeled tenders and have their leading and trailing wheels moulded to the sides of their undercarriage.
- The bogie engines or rolling stock (re-releases or new releases from late-2014 onwards with circular magnets) do not have rotating bogies, instead they are static moulds to their undercarriage.
- The 2014 re-release of Kevin has rail wheels and magnets on both front and rear, incorrectly depicting him similar to a railway runner.
- The prototype for Stephen the Original Steamie had Dash's cab and bunker, a tall funnel and a silver driving wheel.
- Stephen the Original Steamie, depicts Stephen with a tender, despite him not having one prior to his restoration.
- So far, three characters exclusive to the Railway Series have been produced: D199, Culdee and Big City Engine.
- Timothy, 'Arry, Bert and the post-2013 re-designed models of Diesel, Paxton and Sidney all have side rods moulded onto their sides.
- Duncan's prototype, like his Take Along model, has white wheels. His final model gained the correct black wheels.
- Toby's 2015 re-designed model's windows are on the sides of his face, rather than above it.
- Hank's models do not have front couplers despite that his television series model does. Interestingly, Connor and Caitlin's models have front couplers, while their front couplers are concealed in the television series. This is also the case with their Wooden Railway models.
- Stafford's prototype had no number or nameplate.
- Culdee's model has buffers, despite the fact that his Railway Series illustrations and depiction does not.
- Harvey's original model had a metal hook, while his 2015 model has a plastic hook that is moulded onto his crane arm. His crane arm is static to one position and cannot move up or down, it only has motion to move 360 degrees.
- From 2013, many of the newer models have buffer prints that go beyond the raised area.
- From their 2013 re-design, Edward, Henry and James gained lamp irons; however they are not painted.
- As of mid-2014, many of the models do not have painted details on the areas around their running-board such as their buffers, cylinders or step-ladders.
- From 2013 onwards, most of the packages feature a picture of the engine in CGI. Engines who have not yet appeared or are unlikely to appear in the CGI series are given a pseudo-CGI look on the packaging (although Ryan, Skiff, Mike and Rex have the same pseudo CGI illustrations despite being in the television series). The exceptions are Harvey, Molly, Donald, Douglas and Hector, whose packaging features their television series models. Harvey was later given a CGI promo with his 2015 model.
- Whiff's Banana Blooper, Stanley's Construction Clash and Bash's Tree Tumble are all promoted as part of the Spills and Thrills DVD. However, none of those engines nor their situations appear in any of the episodes on that DVD.
- Belle is given a 2-6-2 wheel arrangement and Henry and Edward are given 2-6-0 wheel arrangements in their 2015 re-releases.
- Flora's prototype model has a yellow roof instead of a black one.
- Diesel 10's 2015 re-designed model's claw arm, unlike his previous models, cannot move up and down.
- The prototype for the Thomas and the Slithery Snakes' model featured the 2013 model (note the old magnets). The new magnets were used on the released model. The official model also had smaller logs as a snap-on piece with 3 green snakes on it.
- Merrick was to be included in graphic form in Spiral Tower Tracks with Diesel but was removed for unknown reasons.
- Stephen's tender is moulded into his main body.
- Mike's and Rex's prototypes had silver smoke boxes and chassis, their tenders were connected by two plastic ring couplers and their nameplates were larger, making the lining inaccurate. The final models have the correct black colour for the smoke box and chassis, magnets are used to connect the tenders to the engine and their nameplates were shrunk, making the lining more accurate. Their tender wheels also changed from red or green (respectively), to their correct black wheels.
- Some models that were released with the new magnet system have fully painted buffers on their fronts but unpainted buffers on their rear or tender.
- The Millie's Dusty Discovery prototype was a version of the original 2013 model (notice the old magnets) and small spots of dust all over her. The final model uses the newer model of her with the newer magnets and the dusty effect is achieved with a light-blue undercarriage and much fewer specks of dirt.
- Neville is the only tender engine to have buffers in between his cab and tender.
- His tender is also made of plastic instead of metal.
- Originally 'Percy's Fossil Dig' was named 'Percy and the Break-Open Boulder' and 'Ben's Cement Mix-Up' was named 'Ben and the Cement Cannon'.
- The set 'Skarloey at the Wharf' is a re-coloured version of 'The Sodor Dieselworks' playset, with Skarloey.
- There are two versions of the 2013 release of Henry, one with a more classic, model face while the other one has his CGI face. It is unknown why there are two variants of his model.
- The 2014 prototypes of Bill and Ben depict them both with having black wheels, as they did in the model series. Their final releases gained their red wheels, as seen on their CGI models.
- Ryan, Skiff, Mike and Rex's promo pictures feature a pseudo-CGI image instead of their proper CGI models. Ryan, Mike and Rex's faces look identical to James'.
- As of mid-2015, the Thomas' Favourite Friends multi-pack includes Duncan instead of Bertie.
- In 2013, the Sodor Paint Shop Set was re-issued, replacing Paint-Splattered Bill with Stanley.
- From Bertie's 2013 re-design, he has a silver wheel arch and a silver door border instead of black ones.
- King of the Railway was the last film to have individual characters (that were officially introduced in the film) packaged in promotional boxes. Promotional boxes are instead now only used for some multi-packs and play-sets, that are inspired by the annual film release.
- The packaging for Ben's Cement Mix-Up says "As Seen on DVD" with Tale of the Brave shown, however that situation does not happen at all in that special.
- The Adventure Begins was the first special not to have any Take-n-Play related merchandise.
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure was the first special not to have any play-sets that was associated with the film.
- Gator's, Ryan's and Porter's 2015 models have black bufferbeams/footplates instead of red ones.
- The 2015 version of Hiro, 'Arry and Bert are the only re-designed characters not to have a blacked-out cab, despite all other re-designed engines acquiring the change.
- Although being released in the 2015 packaging, Bertie, Harold, Butch and Captain have not been re-designed a second time. They still retain their 2013 models.
- The prototype of Pirate Salty showed him having 6 black driving wheels (possibly the classic Salty). His final model has 2 rusted, middle driving wheels, with the other 4 wheels being in his ordinary black colour.
- The 2015 Talking James incorrectly has buffers on both sides of his running-board.
- The promo image of the 2015 Douglas displays his tender in the packaging backwards.
- Gordon's 2015 re-designed tender has circular buffers instead of having his usual oval ones.
- Edward's 2015 re-design depicts him as a 2-6-0 instead of a 4-4-0.
- Shooting Star Gordon has black wheels rather than his classic blue wheels that he is supposed to have.
- The prototype of Axel showed him having Vinnie's tender repainted. His final model has his correct tender.
- Axel's final model has a few errors.
- His tender is backwards.
- He has buffers at the back of his cab above the magnet.
- Vinnie's model is missing his nameplate and number.
- Class 40's side and front detail is based on his Hornby model.}}