|This article is about VHS. You may be looking for the magazine story or the episode.|
Tenders and Turntables and Other Stories is a US VHS featuring six first series episodes and one second series episode narrated by Ringo Starr. It was distributed by Strand VCI Entertainment in 1990, Strand Home Video in 1992 and Time-Life in 1994.
PEEP-PEEP! Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends are setting off for all new adventures on the Island of Sodor. You'll see Henry getting involved in something fishy, and Percy trying to back out of an embarrassing situation. Find out how Henry avoids being replaced, and why Thomas ends up in the stationmaster's dining room. So climb aboard as we clear the way for some heartwarming fun!
- Tenders and Turntables
- Trouble in the Shed
- Percy Runs Away
- Thomas Comes to Breakfast
- Henry's Special Coal
- The Flying Kipper
- Toby the Tram Engine
- This is the first US VHS to feature an episode from the second series.
- This is the only US VHS to feature Henry's left sided nameboard.
- The line "We'll do it tomorrow, Sir Topham Hatt will look siIIy," is moved in two seconds early in Tenders and Turntables.
- The opening theme tune is heard in the nameboard sequences after Trouble in the Shed and Percy Runs Away on the Strand VCI Entertainment release.
- This is one of the few early Thomas US VHS releases that was not given a DVD release. This is likely because all the episodes on this release have already been released on other DVDs, such as A Big Day for Thomas, where most of its episodes were featured.
- On the Strand VCI Entertainment release, a yellow banner is seen at the top of the title card for Percy Runs Away. The banner is only visible in the safe area on the screen, and can be seen depending on the over-scan on the TV.
- On the front cover of the Strand Home Video and Time-Life releases, the "s" in "Turntables" is missing.
- On the back cover of the Strand Home Video release, "Toby the Tram Engine" is called "Toby the Train Engine."