|This article is about the company. You may be looking for the person.|
The Britt Allcroft Company was a production company owned by Britt Allcroft.
- 1 History
- 2 Releases
- 2.1 UK VHS and DVD Releases
- 2.2 AUS VHS Releases
- 2.3 NZ VHS Releases
- 2.4 US VHS Releases
- 3 Trivia
- 4 References
- 5 External Link
In 1991, the company took over the production crew from Clearwater Features, which closed down on 31st December 1990, and produced the third to seventh series. In addition, the company purchased the models and sets used for TUGS and reused it for Thomas' production.
On 25th April 1998, Egmont UK Limited acquired the children's book division of Reed International and the rights to publish The Railway Series and the Britt Allcroft Company purchased the copyright of The Railway Series for £13.5 million.
The company was renamed Gullane Entertainment in 7 September 2000, who were later bought out by HiT Entertainment in 5 July 2002.Also, it produced the seventh series, and the Jack in the Pack spin-off series under the new name.
Britt Allcroft reinstated the company as Britt Allcroft Productions and reacquired The Magic Adventures of Mumfie franchise from HiT Entertainment in 18 March, 2008. The company also co-produced Shining Time Station with Quality Family Entertainment.
UK VHS and DVD Releases
AUS VHS Releases
NZ VHS Releases
US VHS Releases
- Angus Wright, husband of Britt Allcroft, was co-founder and managing director of the company until his retirement in 1999.
- The company launched the official website of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends in 1996.
- A Japanese subsidiary was established in 1993, and it was in Kita-Aoyama, Minato, Tokyo until around 2000.
- The company had printed logos on the back cover of Thomas & Friends VHS Tapes and DVDs saying "A Britt Allcroft Company Production" or "Created by Britt Allcroft", which is still used in modern releases and re-releases of Thomas & Friends DVDs and VHS Tapes.
- Egmont Buys Reed Children's Books on Publishers Weekly
- A Very Important Announcement by the Stationmaster on Reed Children's Books
- Britt Allcroft Co. Transforms Into Gullane Entertainment on AWN.com
- Gullane succumbs to HiT's advances on The Guardian