- “Hey, Thomas, I've just seen you on the road!”
The Carnival! is a magazine story.
Stephen and Bridget are with a group that is going to make a float for a carnival. The following week, the group leader asks the group if they have any ideas as to what the float should look like. Stephen suggests the float should be a replica of Thomas the Tank Engine. Everyone in the group loves Thomas, so they agree. Thomas asks the children if they have an idea for the float, but the children ignore him because they want it to be a surprise. On the day of the carnival, as Thomas chuffs past the procession, he spies a float that looks just like him. He feels very proud.
- Stephen Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Lady Hatt
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- The Float Lorry (cameo)
- Annie is missing her face.
- Bertie doesn't have any eyebrows.