The Coal Hopper is the main location where the steam engines get their coal.
It is located on the Loop Line near Crosby.
It first appeared in the eighth series episode, Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough and returning in Hero of the Rails, and has appeared frequently since.
There are also coal hoppers at the Knapford Yard, since the Adventure Begins one at Knapford Station Yard and two at Arlesburgh Goods Yard on the Little Western.
- Series 8 - Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough and Thomas Gets it Right
- Series 13 - Creaky Cranky, Tickled Pink, Double Trouble, Slippy Sodor, Play Time, Percy's Parcel, The Biggest Present of All and Buzzy Bees
- Series 14 - James in the Dark, Pingy Pongy Pick Up, Henry's Health and Safety, Diesel's Special Delivery, Thomas in Charge, Being Percy and Thomas' Crazy Day
- Series 15 - Henry's Happy Coal, Spencer the Grand and Fiery Flynn
- Series 16 - Percy and the Calliope, Sodor Surprise Day and Whiff's Wish
- Series 17 - The Thomas Way
- Series 18 - Spencer's VIP
- Prior to the eighth series, the engines took on coal from hoppers located in Shunting Yards or from staithes near sidings.
- In the eighth series, the loop line was not present.
Thomas & Friends