The Coaling Plant
The Coaling Plant is located northeast of Wellsworth, nearby the Coal Mines. The plant also has a diesel refueling station.
The Coaling Plant first appeared in the
Thomas and the Magic Railroad and made regular appearances until the show switched to full CGI. It has been mentioned, however, in the Island of Sodor openings and in several Mr. Perkins segments.
Locations in the Coaling Plant
The Truck Hoist
One of the machines at the Coaling Plant is the truck hoist. This machine has a platform on which trucks full of coal are placed, lifted up and then tipped over to empty the coal. It is dangerous for engines to go on it. However,
Henry accidentally pushed Percy onto the Truck Hoist and Toby was pushed by Diesel onto the truck hoist when the steam and diesel engines were fighting each other. Later, Percy used it again but to hide from Thomas.
- Series 6 Middle Engine and Percy's Chocolate Crunch
- Series 7 What's the Matter with Henry?, Something Fishy and Peace and Quiet
- Series 8 James Gets a New Coat, Percy's Big Mistake, Thomas and the Firework Display, Spic and Span, Edward the Great, James Goes Too Far and Chickens to School (
mentioned) - Series 9 Molly's Special Special, Toby Feels Left Out, Henry and the Flagpole, Thomas' New Trucks, Duncan and the Old Mine (, mentioned) Thomas and the Golden Eagle ( and mentioned) Keeping Up with James
- Series 10 Percy and the Funfair, The Green Controller, Toby's Afternoon Off, It's Good to be Gordon, Duncan's Bluff ( and mentioned) James the Second Best
- Series 11 Dirty Work, Hector the Horrid!, Don't be Silly, Billy, Hide and Peep and Thomas and the Stinky Cheese
- Series 12 Henry Gets it Wrong (