|This article is about the shunting engine. You may be looking for the lost engine or Thomas.|
The Little Blue Tank Engine was once seen shunting trucks at Tidmouth Yard.
The tank engine once shunted James' goods train for him and teased him about the incident he had with some bootlaces when he needed some to mend a hole in his coaches. He ran off laughing rudely, leaving a very angry James.
It is unknown what happened to the engine afterwards.
The tank engine's basis is unknown. He appears to have an 0-4-4T wheel arrangement with inside cylinders. He bears some resemblance to the Midland Railway 690 class, so it is possible he may be one of the Midland Railway Engines.
The tank engine is painted a baby blue with red lining.
- James the Red Engine - Troublesome Trucks (not named)
- Toby the Tram Engine - Dirty Objects (possible cameo)
- 1996 - Thomas the Tank Engine: The Complete Collection (not named)
- In the television series adaptation of the first series episode, Troublesome Trucks and the magazine version, the tank engine's role was replaced with Thomas. In the pop-up book, James the Red Engine and the Troublesome Trucks, the role was replaced with a dark green tank engine. In the Engine Adventures book, James, the role was replaced with Charlie.
- In Toby the Tram Engine, a similar-looking engine appears to be pulling the Breakdown Train after James collided with some tar tankers. It is unknown whether or not this is Thomas or the same engine.