The Railway Stories Volume 3 is a record/cassette/CD release. When it was originally first released in 1972 by Decca, it contained eight stories from the Railway Series, narrated by Johnny Morris. When it was released as a CD in 2008 by BBC Audiobooks/AudioGO, it contained twelve Railway Series stories narrated by Michael Angelis.
1. Troublesome Engines
2. Henry the Green Engine
- Toby and the Stout Gentleman
- Thomas in Trouble
- Dirty Objects
- Mrs. Kyndley's Christmas
- Off the Rails
- Down the Mine
- Paint Pots and Queens
- Bertie's Chase
- Saved from Scrap
- Old Iron
- Doing it Right (Thomas in Trouble)
- Everyday's a Special Day on Sodor (Mrs. Kyndley's Christmas)
- Never, Never, Never Give Up (Leaves)
- Happy and Sad (Cows)
- Engine Roll Call
- Percy and the Trousers is the only story in Henry the Green Engine not narrated by Johnny Morris.
- Johnny Morris says "Henry's Special Coal" instead of "Coal" as the title.
- Emily is mentioned in "Engine Rollcall" but she is not a character in the Railway Series.
- Michael Angelis sings "Silly old Gordon" out of tune.
- In the 2008 release, when James whistles towards the end of "Leaves", the whistle sound used is Gordon's.