A large watermill is situated north of Elsbridge on Thomas' Branch Line. It has appeared regularly since the second series.
In Three Steam Engines Gruff, Thomas, Percy and Toby all believed that there was a troll underneath the bridge due to some noises being heard. It turned out to be a cow that escaped a field.
- Series 2 - Thomas, Percy and the Coal (deleted scene), Percy and Harold, The Runaway, The Deputation, Thomas Comes to Breakfast, Wrong Road, Ghost Train and Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Series 3 - A Scarf for Percy (deleted scene), Percy's Promise, Thomas Gets Bumped (stock footage), Henry's Forest, No Joke for James (deleted scene) and Thomas, Percy and the Post Train
- Series 6 - Twin Trouble, Scaredy Engines, James and the Red Balloon (deleted scene), Jack Frost, Percy's Chocolate Crunch and Thomas the Jet Engine
- Series 7 - Emily's New Coaches, Percy Gets it Right, Bill, Ben and Fergus and Toby's Windmill
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company - A Visit from Thomas (stock footage)
- Series 8 - Percy's New Whistle (deleted scene), Thomas and the Firework Display (deleted scene) and Emily's Adventure
- Series 13 - Play Time, Splish Splash Splosh and Snow Tracks
- Series 14 - James in the Dark and Merry Winter Wish
- Series 15 - Big Belle
- Series 16 - Salty's Surprise
- Series 19 - Thomas the Babysitter
- Series 20 - Three Steam Engines Gruff
- Series 22 - The Water Wheel
- The watermill has appeared in the opening credits for the sixth series, and from the eighth to eighteenth series.
- In Thomas and the Magic Railroad, the guard rails and arch disappear and the arch is covered by various shrubbery instead. The building also gains an additional window.
- The number of tracks inconsistently changes between one and two.
- Despite being on Thomas' Branch Line, mainline engines like Henry, Gordon and James can be seen passing by the Watermill in some episodes.