Thomas' Trackside Tunes and Other Thomas Adventures (later retitled Trackside Tunes) is a US VHS/DVD featuring one fourth series episode narrated by George Carlin, one fifth series episode narrated by Alec Baldwin, and six songs from the fifth series. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 2001 on VHS and released on DVD in 2008. It was re-released on DVD by Lion Cub Films in Canada in 2009 in a carry case.
PEEP! PEEP! Travel the Island of Sodor with Thomas, Percy, James and the rest of your Sodor friends as you embark on this magical, musical ride. Follow the bouncing steam cloud and sing along to 6 delightful music adventures. Fly high in the skies with Harold the Helicopter, quack along with Donald's Duck, and find out that accidents really do happen. Also included are two All-New stories, "Gordon and the Gremlin" with storyteller Alec Baldwin, and the never-released, "Trucks" with storyteller George Carlin. Hop aboard for an unforgettable journey of musical excitement!
ALL ABOARD! Travel the Island of Sodor with Thomas, Percy, James and the rest of your Sodor friends as you embark on this magical, musical ride. Follow the bouncing steam cloud and sing along to six delightful music adventures. Hop aboard for an unforgettable journey of musical excitement!
- Donald's Duck
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Come for the Ride*
- Harold the Helicopter
- Percy's Seaside Trip
- Accidents Will Happen*
* Followed by a story.
- Sodor Superstars from Percy's Chocolate Crunch
- Sneak Peaks
- This VHS/DVD was awarded a Parents' Choice Award.
- This is the first home video of three things:
- The first US home video to bear the Gullane Entertainment logo following its incorporation.
- The first US home video to be released in the 21st century and the 3rd millennium.
- The first US home video to feature a song from a previous release (in this case, Accidents Will Happen, which was previously on Races, Rescues and Runaways and Other Thomas Adventures).
- This is the last VHS to have a unique label in Canada.
- On the front cover of the VHS release, an image from Baa! is used.
- On the back cover of the VHS release, a promotional image of Thomas and Toby from Thomas and the Magic Railroad is used.
- This VHS/DVD does not feature the regular nameboard intermissions. Instead it features shots of characters from the fifth series with their name and a steam cloud bouncing over their name. Shots from Rusty and the Boulder, Something in the Air, Snow, Duncan Gets Spooked, Busy Going Backwards, James and the Trouble with Trees, Bye George!, Double Teething Troubles, Stepney Gets Lost, Horrid Lorry, Cranky Bugs, Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, Toby and the Flood, A Better View for Gordon, Gordon and the Gremlin, Put Upon Percy, Toby's Discovery, Thomas and the Rumors, Happy Ever After, Make Someone Happy, Oliver's Find, and Baa! are all used. Also, in the "Next Song Coming Up!" screens with Sir Topham Hatt, along with shots from three of those episodes (Gordon and the Gremlin, Make Someone Happy, and Lady Hatt's Birthday Party) and a shot from Thomas, Percy and Old Slow Coach is also used. The only fifth series episodes they did not feature shots of in the intermissions are Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday, A Big Surprise for Percy, and Haunted Henry. These intermissions were originally used on the Canadian French VHS releases of the fifth series in 2000.
- Some VHS copies feature the Britt Allcroft logo before the intro, but most do not. All copies of Thomas' Magical Musical Ride feature the Britt Allcroft logo before the Thomas' Trackside Tunes intro.
- This was one of two US DVDs and the last DVD to feature the animated 2008 Anchor Bay Entertainment logo, the other being Percy Takes the Plunge.
- The original VHS release stated that there were two all-new episodes. However, Trucks had already been released on Rusty to the Rescue and Other Thomas Stories, under the title "Rusty Helps Peter Sam".
- The VHS also stated that there were six all-new songs. Accidents Will Happen (however) had already been released on Races, Rescues and Runaways and Other Thomas Adventures.
- When Gordon and the Gremlin begins, the episode title is not shown, only Storyteller Alec Baldwin is seen.
- In the intermission sequences, Bill and Ben are incorrectly switched in their respective individual shots.
- On the front cover of the DVD release, Thomas has his brake pipe on the wrong side, the windmill sails are red, and the side of Toby's cowcatcher is blue.