Take a ride on everyone's number 1 engine, Thomas, as he takes you on an exciting tour of the Island of Sodor. Meet Thomas' good friends Percy, James, Gordon, Bertie and his faithful coaches Annie and Clarabel. On this fun-filled journey, you'll discover that even after a small disaster, you can still trust Thomas. And don't forget to cheer on Thomas and Bertie as they race to see whether roads or rails are the fastest way to travel on the Island. So hop on board for miles of smiles with all your new railway friends.
- This was the first US release to be independently distributed by HiT Entertainment.
- The video is the first release distributed by HiT to feature the Rev. W. Awdry's letter from Thomas the Tank Engine, which is shown as a page directly from the original book before wiping away with a "Storybook" transition to black before the opening credits. It could be considered a prototype for the "Rev. W. Awdry's letter" opening portion used from the eighth to thirteenth series.
- The front cover uses a picture from James and the Queen of Sodor, whilst the back cover uses a picture from Hooray for Thomas.
- The intro for the tape is taken from the 1992 version of Trust Thomas and Other Stories.
- The Visit the Thomas & Friends website message at the end is taken from Make Someone Happy and Other Thomas Adventures.
- Thomas and Bertie's Great Race does not have a title card.