|For other uses, see Thomas (disambiguation).|
- “Wake up, Lazybones!”
- ―Thomas being cheeky to Gordon
Thomas, re-titled Thomas the Tank Engine in 2011, is the first book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Thomas is a tank engine who enjoys teasing the bigger engines. One day, Gordon takes revenge on Thomas and pulls him along behind the train at high speeds. Thomas is careful never to be cheeky to him again. The next day, he saves James after trucks push him off the line. The Fat Controller is pleased with Thomas and gives him a branch line all to himself.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie (does not speak)
- Harold (cameo)
- Edward (mentioned)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Clarabel (mentioned)
- This book is based on the stories, "Thomas and Gordon" and Thomas and the Breakdown Train" from the Railway Series book, Thomas the Tank Engine.
- The book was released with a CD narrated by Michael Angelis in 2007.
- In 2015, this book (along with five others) was sold as a website-exclusive book pack with a Wooden Railway Thomas, except the other books were sold with the engines the books were named after.
- This book is featured as a Read Along on the Read & Play App with narration by Mark Moraghan.
- The second last illustration in this book is used as the first illustration for Thomas Comes to Australia, but Thomas and Gordon gain CGI faces.
- James' tender is connected to his running board throughout the book.
- In the second illustration, Gordon's fly crank is missing.
- James' wheels are grey when they should be black.
In Other Languages