|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the Arabic DVD or the Norwegian DVD'.|
- “Be careful with that tall boat! It's a very blustery day!”
Thomas Sets Sail is the twelfth episode of the eleventh series.
It is a windy day on the Island of Sodor and Thomas is to deliver the Mayor of Sodor's yacht from the docks to the harbour. Cranky tells Thomas that he must wait for an engineer to put the ships tall mast down, but Thomas is too impatient to wait and leaves.
Thomas races past Elizabeth who tells him to be careful with the yacht, but Thomas feels too important to take any notice of her. Thomas approaches a bridge, but Rosie stops Thomas from going under it as the mast was too tall, so Thomas goes back to take another way. But on the way, the mast was caught by some trees and gets stuck, so Thomas pulls as hard as he can and breaks free, but does not know that the ropes tied to the sail have come loose and the wind pushes the sail which makes Thomas go very fast. Molly sees Thomas and tries to warn him about the sail, but Thomas is going so fast that he does not hear her.
Thomas is approaching the harbour, but cannot stop and races pass The Mayor, Sir Topham and Lady Hatt. Finally, the wind stops and so does Thomas. Thomas realises his mistake and collects an engineer from the harbour. The engineer puts the mast down and Thomas arrives back at the harbour and the yacht is able to be unloaded and launched. Sir Topham Hatt tells Thomas that he sees that he decided that full steam is better than full sail and Thomas agrees.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Percy (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- The Mayor of Sodor (does not speak)
- Butch (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Brown-haired Assistant (cameo)
- Two Members of the Railway Board (cameo)
- Big Mickey (faceless, cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the third episode of the eleventh series.
- In several shots of Thomas being carried by the wind, the footage is sped up.
- This episode marks the last of two things:
- This episode was shown in select US cinemas as part of Thomas and Friends on the Big Screen.
- The boat engineer is Old Bailey with a head repainted from one of the football managers from Thomas and the Moles.
- Thomas's original perspex model was used when he was at Norramby Fishing Village, when he meets Emily, when the sailboat got suck, and when he went went very fast.
- When Thomas arrives at the docks, his wellwagon is tilted.
- Elizabeth has Bertie's horn sound.
- In the Polish dub, Rosie's English name is used by accident.
- TrackMaster (cancelled)
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases