|This article is about the US DVD. You may be looking for the episode, the Step Into Reading book, the Egmont book, the German book, the promotional DVD, the Australian DVD or the Malaysian VCD.|
PEEP! PEEP! All the engines on the Island of Sodor work very hard to keep things running smoothly on Sir Topham Hatt's railway. But even with all this hard work, sometimes unexpected things can happen. Who would have guessed that Thomas would rocket past the proud and fast Gordon, thanks to a surprising push from a jet engine? And is Percy's imagination getting the best of him, or are naughty gnomes really playing tricks around the old mine? Can horses fly? Well, Harold certainly can make them - especially when one needs a lift to a big Island celebration. And who says that engines are only Really Useful on the tracks? See how Salty and Fergus save the day when the light goes out on the Island's lighthouse during a big storm.
Join all of your Island friends as they go full steam ahead with some great adventures. And remember to always expect the unexpected!
- Thomas and the Jet Engine
- Percy and the Haunted Mine
- Scaredy Engines
- Harold and the Flying Horse
- Bulgy Rides Again
- Salty's Stormy Tale
- Memory Madness game
- Counting Corner game
- What Came First? game
- Character Cube
- Web Fun
- This is the only release to have original music along with Michael Brandon's narration, and the last US release to feature seventh series episodes with original music. On top of that, this is also the only release to have Michael Brandon credited in the Classic Series intro.
- This is the final US release to feature a title card for the music video. It is also the last VHS release to open with the Classic Series intro.
- When the DVD is viewed on a computer, it uses the same icon from the PC games such as The Great Festival Adventure and Trouble on the Tracks.
- On the front cover, Thomas is mirrored. However, his number has been edited to face forwards.
- Salty's Stormy Tale is the only seventh series episode on this DVD that did not have its title card read on the PBS broadcast with New Series music.
- This is the only US DVD not to feature the first Story Selection page on the DVD guide booklet. Instead, the second page is featured.
- This is the last release to have Alec Baldwin as the narrator in new material.
- During the opening of the DVD menu, steam is blowing from the top of Salty's cab instead of his exhaust pipe.
- Writers Ross Hastings, Robyn Charteris, Robin Kingsland and Brian Trueman are not listed in the credits.
- The Netflix release's poster was ripped from from Hooray for Thomas and Other Adventures.
- The description of the Netflix release mentions Gordon flipped the switch of the jet engine when it was really Cranky who flipped it.