|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the book or the DVD'.|
- “Jet planes don't have to stop for cows!”
Thomas and the Jet Plane is the third episode of the tenth series.
While Thomas is on his way to take a group of children to a picnic, he meets a jet plane named Jeremy who states about how wonderful it is being a jet plane. Thomas thinks that Jeremy is being boastful and decides he doesn't want to talk to him again. Thomas becomes even more upset when he has to stop for a signal and wait for a cow blocking the line to move. When Thomas arrives at the picnic, he recaps the day's events to Percy. Despite Percy's attempts to comfort Thomas about the things that engines can do, Thomas is still apprehensive.
Meanwhile, Jeremy notices a storm brewing and warns Thomas about it. Thomas picks up the children once he finds out and despite his reluctance asks if they can have the picnic in Jeremy's hangar. Jeremy agrees and he and Thomas soon become good friends. Sir Topham Hatt calls Thomas a really useful engine for saving the picnic.
- Jeremy (debut)
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the first episode of the tenth series.
- Stock footage from Thomas Saves the Day and the Series 8-10 opening is used.
- This is the only episode of the New Series to use footage from the series' intro.
- This episode marks Jeremy's only speaking role in the series to date.
- This is Sodor Airport's first appearance in an episode and it's first appearance since Calling All Engines!
- This is the first episode not to be released on any home media in the US.
- During the storm, it is obvious that Annie and Clarabel's nameplates are stickers.
- When the narrator says "Jeremy flew right over his funnel," Clarabel has no pupils.
- Wooden Railway - Thomas and the Jet Plane story pack (discontinued)
- Books - Thomas and the Jet Plane and Electronic Reader and 8-Book Library
- My Thomas Story Library - Jeremy (discontinued)
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases