|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the Spanish DVD or the book'.|
- “Peiugh! You really are the stinkiest steam engine on Sodor, Thomas.”
Thomas and the Stinky Cheese is the nineteenth episode of the eleventh series.
Thomas is shunting at the coaling plant with Diesel, 'Arry and Bert, and each of them call each other '"stinky." The Fat Controller gives Thomas the job of going to The Dairy for a delivery. Not knowing what it is, Thomas is just happy to be away from the diesels. However, when he arrives, he is disgusted to find that his truck is loaded with stinky cheese. The dairy foreman informs Thomas that he must take it to Brendam Docks before the ship leaves. Thomas reluctantly agrees.
On the way, Thomas sees Diesel at a junction, and gets worried he will tell everyone how stinky he is. Not wanting to pass him, he goes the other direction, despite a signalman's warning. He thinks nobody will smell him, until he sees 'Arry in a siding. Dismayed, Thomas decides to turn left at a junction. In an attempt to avoid Bert, he turns right at another one. Thomas goes backwards and forwards across the island, consistently avoiding the three diesels. Eventually, he ends up at the dairy again.
'Arry rumbles towards him, so Thomas reverses as quickly as he can, not realising that Bert is behind him. Thomas and Bert collide, spilling stinky cheese over the three engines. The two diesels rush to the washdown, while Thomas does not. Luckily, the dairy foreman mentions another load of cheese that is ready at the dairy.
On the way to the docks, James notices Thomas' smell and expresses his disgust. Thomas is embarrassed, but knows he has to make the delivery on time. When he finally arrives at Brendam, Diesel, who is being unloaded, fully believes Thomas is the stinkiest steam engine on Sodor. The Fat Controller and the workmen, however, are proud of Thomas for delivering such stinky cheese. When 'Arry and Bert arrive, the Fat Controller assigns the three diesels the task of shunting the cheese as punishment to learn proper manners, much to Thomas' delight.
- 'Arry and Bert
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Dairy Manager
- Cranky (cameo)
- Mr. Jolly (mentioned)
- The Coaling Plant
- Sodor Dairy
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Mr. Jolly's Chocolate Factory (mentioned)
- In 2008, the episode was used for a CGI Testing by Stardust Pictures, who was originally going to produce the CGI Series, and had already suplied the CGI for Series 12. The clips where accidentally shown to the public but it is unknown if they where ever planned to.
- Thomas, Diesel and 'Arry gain new face masks, which only appear in this episode.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-sixth episode of the eleventh series.
- Diesel, 'Arry, and Bert can be heard laughing at Thomas at the coaling plant in the US version, but not in the UK version.
- This episode was never released on Norwegian DVD or shown on television. It was only released on a website in 2015.
- This episode marks 'Arry and Bert's last speaking roles until the fourteenth series episode, Victor Says Yes.
- When Thomas crashes into Bert, his flatbed disappears.
- When Thomas puffs away to be coupled, the chuffing sound is heard before he starts.
- When Thomas arrives at the docks, Diesel's face is partially crooked.
- When Thomas moves again at the Dairy, his chuffing noise is heard before he moves.
- Just before James passes Thomas, there is a shot of Thomas puffing along the track. After James has passed, the same footage of Thomas puffing is used again.
- Wooden Railway - Thomas and the Stinky Cheese 3-pack
- TrackMaster - Thomas and the Stinky Cheese
- Books - Thomas and the Stinky Cheese (China only)
In Other Languages
|Czech||Tomáš a smradlavý sýr|
|German||Thomas und der Stinkekäse|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a büdös sajt|
|Norwegian||Thomas og den stinkende osten|
|Polish||Tomek i Śmierdzący Ser|
|Portuguese||Thomas e a quiejo fedido|
|Romanian||Thomas și Brânza Mirositoare|
|Russian||Томас и вонючий сыр|
|Slovak||Thomas a smradľavý syr|
|Spanish||Thomas y el Queso Apestoso|
Home Media Releases