|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the DVD'.|
- “The children and the engines all listened to the famous storyteller tell them the story of her wonderful adventures with Thomas and his friends on the magical Island of Sodor.”
- ―The narrator
Thomas and the Storyteller is the first episode of the eleventh series.
A famous storyteller is coming to the island to open a new library. Thomas is chosen to show her around Sodor to give her inspiration for a story she will read at the opening. Thomas collects her from Brendam and decides to take her to Pirate's Cove, but stops when he sees James with a broken siderod. Thomas has to forgo taking the storyteller to Pirate's Cove to pull James and his passengers to Maithwaite.
Thomas decides to take the storyteller to the ruined castle instead, but meets Emily, who has broken her whistle while taking some flour to the bakery and it is not safe to work without one. Thomas pulls Emily to the bakery and tells the storyteller that he will take her to Misty Valley so she can make a story about magic. But then, he sees Percy stranded in an overflowing river and Thomas pushes him out. Unfortunately, it is time for the opening and Thomas only manages to get there with seconds to spare. Luckily, the storyteller has an idea for a story: Thomas' adventures from the day.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Storyteller
- Sodor Brass Band (do not speak)
- The Mayor of Sodor (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- The Dockyard Manager (cameo)
- Big Mickey (faceless, cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- The Windmill
- Sodor Bakery
- The Library
- Pirate's Cove
- Gordon's Hill
- The Ruined Castle
- Misty Valley
- Dryaw School
- Going by production order, this is the ninth episode of the eleventh series.
- This is Christopher Skala's first episode as executive producer.
- This is the first episode filmed in 1080i high definition.
- This could have been inspired by Thomas Helps Out.
- In some close-up shots of Thomas, the famous storyteller's large scale model has been digitally added onto his cab.
- A transition was used when Thomas switched tracks to help James.
- At one point, the storyteller is seen holding a miniature page of a Thomas script.
- The scene where Percy was stranded in the river after his fire in his firebox was being washed out is similar to the third season episode Percy's Promise.
- Thomas pushes Percy out of the water, but he later states that he pulled Percy out. Also, the roof of Thomas' cab wobbled when he was pushing Percy.
- In a close-up of Thomas, his lamp irons are crooked.
- When Thomas leaves the docks, his chuffing noise is heard before he starts moving.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases