- “Maybe I'm just in denial. Hahahahaha! Get it? Denial! The Nile! As in the river Nile in Egypt!”
Thomas is Leaving Sodor for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! is a promotional American video released to celebrate Thomas' first public appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2014. The video was first released on 17 November 2014 and was rereleased on 23 February 2015 for the Thomas' YouTube World Tour series, and was renamed to Thomas is Leaving The Island of Sodor!
Thomas is wishing he was bigger. He imagines being Hiro, and then Cranky. Thomas thinks Cranky must be able to see the whole world from his high viewpoint and remembers his own longing to travel. He thinks about his upcoming world tour and imagines visiting Big Ben in London, England, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, the Sphinx in Egypt, Africa, the Taj Mahal in Agra, India, the Great Wall of China, Japan, Easter Island in Oceania, Sydney Harbour in Australia and the Statue of Liberty in New York City. Thomas says he has always wanted to visit New York, and he then becomes a parade balloon.
- This video marks the first time Joseph May voices Thomas after Martin Sherman left the voice cast.
- The Engine Roll Call remix from Hero of the Rails and King of the Railway is used at the end of the video when Thomas turns into a balloon.
- Thomas' quote, "I have a feeling we're not in Sodor anymore" is a reference to a quote from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz; "I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore".
- This video was animated by Spider Eye Animation.
- This is the first Thomas CGI production since the twelfth series episode, Best Friends to have production made in the UK, except with CGI animation instead of using models after the show's switchover to CGI in 2009. This carried over to the Really Useful Around the World segments from 2015-March 2016.
- The National Anthems of Britain, France and the United States - "God Save the Queen", "La Marseillaise" and "The Star Spangled Banner" - are heard when Thomas turns into Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty respectively.
- When Thomas says he is in South America, that is false. Easter Island is actually a part of Oceania/Australian continent.