|This article is about the castle tunnel. You may be looking for the south tunnel.
Tidmouth Tunnel, also known as the Castle Tunnel, is a tunnel on Duck's Branch Line between Tidmouth and Tidmouth Hault.
It first appeared in the third series and made numerous appearances until the ninth. The architectural style changed in the later seasons. Although never mentioned by name in an episode, it was first named in an eighth series learning segment. It returned in Tale of the Brave in the same architectural style as the third series and later appeared in The Adventure Begins and has made infrequent appearances since.
In the television series, this is where James once tried smoking bees off his boiler.
- Series 3 - Buzz, Buzz, All at Sea, Tender Engines (deleted scene), Oliver Owns Up and Percy, James and the Fruitful Day
- Series 7 - Emily's New Coaches, Bill, Ben and Fergus (deleted scene), Edward's Brass Band, James and the Queen of Sodor (stock footage), The Spotless Record, Snow Engine, Something Fishy and Best Dressed Engine
- Series 8 - Percy's New Whistle (stock footage)
- Series 9 - Molly's Special Special
- Series 11 - Percy and the Left Luggage
- Series 12 - Steady Eddie
- Series 19 - A Cranky Christmas
- Series 20 - The Missing Breakdown Train
- Series 23 - Panicky Percy
- Tidmouth Tunnel has had numerous modifications throughout the years:
- Series 7:
- The tunnel's architecture changed.
- The lake became significantly smaller.
- Series 8:
- A siding was added to the other side of the tunnel.
- Tale of the Brave:
- The tunnel's architecture returned to its original design.
- The lake returned to its size in the third series.
- The Castellated Tunnel is a modified version of this tunnel.
* RWS only | ** T&F only |
*** Other Media only
||Duck | Donald and Douglas | Oliver
||Alice and Mirabel* | Isabel and Dulcie* | Branch Line Coaches** | Express Coaches** | Slip Coaches** | Toad | S.C. Ruffey | Fred Pelhay* | Quarry Trucks* | Judy and Jerome**
||Bulgy | Bulgy's Friend | Algy*** | Skiff**
||Tidmouth (Beach, Beach Village**, Harbour, Hault**, Hault Sheds**, Tunnel**, Yard**, Town Square**, Town Square Library**) | Dilly's Pond | Workmen's Hut** | Three Tier Bridge** | Haultraugh (Bulgy's Bridge, Bulgy's Field) | Bluff's Cove** | Arlesburgh (Engine Sheds*, Harbour**, Maritime Museum**, Trading Co.**, West)