|This article is about the US release. You may be looking for the UK VHS.|
Trust Thomas and Other Stories, retitled Trust Thomas in some releases, is a US and Canadian VHS/DVD featuring seven third series episodes narrated by George Carlin. This is distributed by Strand VCI Entertainment in 1991, Strand Home Video in 1992, Time-Life in 1994, and Anchor Bay Entertainment in 1995 and 2003. It was released on DVD in 2007 with a song included.
PEEP-PEEP! Wonders and surprises from the Island of Sodor. On this ride, meet Mavis, a young diesel engine who puts Toby on the spot. Watch along as Percy keeps his promise, and as the engines help Henry rescue the forest. Laugh as Gordon gets splashed, and James' trick backfires.
Get on track for fun and adventure with Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, Volume 6!
PEEP! PEEP! All aboard. First stop - The Island of Sodor with Thomas and his friends. Bertie learns that he can trust an engine - especially if his name is Thomas. Mavis puts Toby on the spot and watch Terence and Trevor help Henry rescue the forest when a storm damages the trees.
Get your ticket and climb aboard for a magical ride!
2003 VHS/2007 DVD
PEEP! PEEP! Take a journey to the magical Island of Sodor, where fun and adventure lies around every bend. Hop aboard Thomas and see how he finds a new way to cross a river. Watch Toby as he trades his branch line for a tightrope, and help the engines replant Henry's favorite forest after a devastating storm.
Join your friend Thomas on what he says will be a fun and exciting trip --- and like the title says, you can always "Trust Thomas."
- Trust Thomas
- Toby's Tightrope
- No Joke for James
- Percy's Promise
- Henry's Forest
- The Trouble with Mud
Song (DVD only)
- Character Gallery from Best of Gordon
- Sir Topham Hatt's Word Fun Game from James and the Red Balloon
- This release is the first of many things:
- The first Thomas home media release in North America to have the same name as the UK VHS.
- The first Thomas home media release to feature George Carlin's narration.
- The first VHS in which the nameboard sequences end with a screenshot of Sir Topham Hatt from Duck Takes Charge.
- The first US VHS to feature the Thomas stories in a randomised order as opposed to the previous releases where they were in order from their Shining Time Station airdates.
- This is the release to include a few things:
- The VHS and DVD to feature Mavis' nameboard.
- The only US release to feature entirely third series episodes.
- The Carlin-narrated VHS to feature the Strand VCI Entertainment logo on the tape (possibly having been completed before the company had changed its name and released after).
- The VHS and DVD to have Gloucester Std Bold title cards.
- In 1992 Strand Home Video released a new version of the tape as a Strand Home Video styled program, featuring bold type Rockwell fonts instead of italic. The nameboard sequences do not feature Mavis, Harold or Trevor's nameboards, and the credits are changed.
- The UK/US soundtracks overlap. The overlapping restores music and sound effects originally not present in the US version of some episodes, including the ending theme in Mavis and music bits from Percy's Promise.
- The entire master source was used for the Netflix and Starz releases.
- Apart from Toby's Tightrope and Henry's Forest, the 2007 DVD does not use the entire VHS master. Instead, it reuses episodes from the following releases:
- Some of the 1995 Anchor Bay Entertainment copies came with a blue VHS tape.
- Some of the 1995 Anchor Bay tapes features the Britt Allcroft logo or the Strand VCI Entertainment logo instead of the Video Treasures logo. The 1995 release featuring the 1992 Strand Home Video styled program contains the Video Treasures logo.
- The 2005 VHS label uses the title "Trust Thomas & Other Adventures."
- The 2007 DVD cover uses a modified version of the 2003 VHS cover in which Mavis' pupils are slightly moved down.
- Some Time-Life editions were packaged with a copy of the Percy's Promise Buzz Book.
- Along with the 2003 release of Thomas, Percy and the Dragon and Other Stories, the 2003 VHS was originally meant to be released in 2002, as evidenced by the Gullane logo on the spine. However, it was pushed a year later, around the same time as Percy's Chocolate Crunch and Other Thomas Adventures.
- On a VHS with the 1991 program, the Britt Allcroft logo jerks to the left. This is corrected on the 1995 VHS with the 1993 program and the DVD release.
- The DVD release has Percy's Promise out of sync as it was taken from Thomas and His Friends Help Out.
- The last few seconds of Mavis are cut out on the 1991 release. This is restored on the 1995 Anchor Bay Entertainment VHS.
- Because most episodes are taken from other releases on the DVD, the title card for Trust Thomas is played twice.
- Both the 1991 and 1995 back covers miscopyright the film as made in 1985 and 1986, and the soundtrack as made in 1989, but both the film and soundtrack were made in 1991.
- The DVD captions refer to the trucks yelling "On, On, On!" as "Un, Un, Un!"
- The soundtrack for Trust Thomas is warped on the original tape.
- On the 1999 tape label, Britt Allcroft's name is misspelled "Beth Allcroft."
- On another 1999 tape label, It reads (C) Britt Allcroft Thomas Ltd., 1999 but both the film and soundtrack were made in 1991.