- “My guard's a nice man. I don't want to harm him!”
- ―Ben confused at his driver's comment: "Be on your guard!"
Hi! It's Richie here, proud fanatic of all things Thomas related since my birthday, 13th Feb 1990.
|Favorite episode||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Religious views||Roman Catholic|
I am a man of many talents, by which I mean I do lots of things... badly. Why limit yourself when you can do so much more? I am a keen sportsman. I play cricket regularly for a Premier Division side, and until I was 17 years old I played youth cricket for Essex. I also play hockey in East London during the winter season, and occasionally turn out for a football (soccer) team. Cross-country running is also one of my specialities. Music is also a very big part of my life. I'm currently in a band consisting of 5 members, all of whom are old school friends. I play piano, synthesisers, both regular and stand-up bass, and can provide some drumming if need be.
General Top 5 Lists
Top 5 Bands
- Arctic Monkeys
- Kaiser Chiefs
- The Specials
- The Smiths
Top 5 TV Shows
- Red Dwarf
- The Inbetweeners
- Russell Howard's Good News
- Mock The Week
- Flight of the Conchords
My Time on the Wikia
I first joined the site back in 2010. I was what you might call over-eager, and edited far more than I should have done. Eventually this earned me a short 2 week ban, of which I was severely ashamed. As time passed by I matured, and in 2011 I was offered a position as Chat Moderator. I snatched the opportunity with both hands, and since then I have risen to the responsibility that being a Chat Moderator empowered me with. In January 2013 the admin team decided to rollback the inactive admins, and as such three new admins were required. I, along with my great friends SkarloeyRailway and Toby7 were voted into the position. Being an admin here is my greatest online honour to date, and it is one that I am still struggling to get my head around.
Below is a list of contributions that I have made in the Thomas community:
- In 2011 I received story synopses for Thomas and his Friends from Egmont.
- I was the first to find out that Rupert Degas would be joining the voice cast.
- I have interviewed Rupert Degas for the Wikia, and have interviews with Keith Wickham, Ben Small and Teresa Gallagher in progress currently.
- I discovered why Rupert Degas was cut from the role of Diesel 10.
There have been more, but these are the ones I am most proud of.
Thomas & His Highly Multi-Cultural Acquaintances
- Hatt's Off! - When Dowager Hatt is asked to move to an old people's home, Thomas is sad. Thomas attempts to destroy the old people's home until he realises that it is the perfect place for the Dowager.
- Jamesina - James is feeling frustrated at being the same. One day he leaves the works as "Jamesina" which shocks the other engines. Percy learns that everyone is different.
- Jamal and the Racism - An Asian engine named Jamal arrives on Sodor. Edward does not like Jamal because "He smells and he's not English". However, when it transpires that Jamal was built in Leeds and his builders are from Bradford, and therefore he is in fact English, Edward learns not to be racist.
- Belle-issimmo - Pierluigi the Italian engine comes to Sodor. Belle does not like Pierluigi because "He has a moustache and he's not English". When Pierluigi asks Belle for help, Belle tells him to "Go and eat your pizza, Mario". Pierluigi is mortified and goes to the cliff to steam off the edge. When Belle is informed of what is happening she saves Pierluigi and she learns not to be racist.
- Happy Winterval! - The Fat Controller decides Sodor is not multicultural enough, so he cancels Christmas and creates "Winterval", a winter festival that encompasses all winter holidays. Niall the new Irish engine does not like this because he is a Catholic and he beliveves Christmas to be very important. However, when he accidentally saves the day while crashing into a Winterval celebration, he realises his mistake. Niall converts to Islam and in future episodes will be known as "Muhammad".
My Favourite Thomas-Related Things
- Season 1: Down the Mine
- Season 2: A Close Shave
- Season 3: Escape
- Season 4: Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady
- Season 5: Duncan Gets Spooked
- Season 6: Salty's Secret
- Season 7: Snow Engine
- Season 8: Halloween
- Season 9: Flour Power
- Season 10: Duncan's Bluff
- Season 11: Gordon and the Engineer
- Season 12: Saved You!
- Season 13: Tickled Pink
- Season 14: Victor Says Yes
- Season 15: Edward the Hero
- Season 16: Welcome Stafford
- Season 17: Gone Fishing
- King of the Railway
- Blue Mountain Mystery
- Hero of the Rails
- The Great Discovery
- Calling All Engines!
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Misty Island Rescue