|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
- “Goodness! You're a real mucky buffers!”
- ―Madge to Skarloey
Wash Behind Your Buffers is the twenty-third episode of the eleventh series.
There is to be an Engine Rally and Country Show, and Skarloey and Rheneas are to lead the rally. Mr. Percival asks Madge to deliver brushes and soap to make sure the two engines are clean for the event. However, Madge spends too much time making sure they are clean that she does not have time to clean herself. She arrives at the rally looking filthy and accidentally sprays Skarloey and Rheneas with mud. However, the workmen begin cleaning them up again and the two engines return the favour by instructing the workmen. They are soon polished in time for the rally to begin.
- Mr. Percival
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- The Ffarquhar Policeman (does not speak)
- Sir Handel (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- Freddie (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Elizabeth (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Percival (cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the twentieth episode of the eleventh series.
- The opening shot of the episode uses an alternate angle from the Engines and Escapades opening.
- This episode's title is based on the saying, "Wash behind your ears."
- This episode marks Madge and Elizabeth's last appearances in an episode to date.
- Madge is carrying the brushes and soap when she goes over the hill at the beginning of the episode.
- Skarloey is wearing one of Rheneas' face masks in all of the shots at the quarry.
- After Madge leaves Skarloey, the road she is on bounces up and down.
- When Madge sprays mud onto Skarloey and Rheneas' faces, their eyes are covered with mud. In the next shot, their eyes are clean.
- My Thomas Story Library - Madge (discontinued)
- Magazine Stories - Wash Behind Your Buffers! (magazine story)
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases