Wellsworth Scrap Yards, also known as Crocks Scrap Yard, is a small scrap yard located near Wellsworth. In the Railway Series it is situated before Wellsworth on the Main Line, however in the television series it is on Edward's Branch Line. In the television series Reg is stationed here, and occasionally Trevor and Jem Cole help to move scrap.
The scrap is broken into pieces, loaded into trucks, and Edward pulls them to the Steelworks where they are melted down and used again. Trevor was sent to be scrapped here when his master deemed he was old-fashioned. Thankfully, Edward persuaded the Vicar of Wellsworth to purchase him and saved him from scrap.
Television Series only
- A grappling crane was stationed here, but from Tale of the Brave onwards, it has been replaced by Reg.
- The name "Crocks Scrap Yard" may come from the British slang use of the term "crock" to refer to a wrecked or worn-out item.
- Crocks Scrap Yard has had numerous modifications throughout the years:
- Series 2:
- The railway tracks were on the left side of the scrap yard.
- Series 3:
- The main building moved to the other side of the yard.
- The small siding next to the loop line disappeared.
- Tale of the Brave:
- The building was completely redesigned.
- A conveyor belt was added alongside the rails.
- The small siding from the second season returned and became another loop line.
- The tracks were returned to the left side of the yard.
- Reg was added here.
- Series 2: