- Beresford: Thomas? You're Thomas? Well, I don't know who Thomas is,
- So why should I let this Thomas simply hurry on his way?
- Thomas? You're Thomas? Speak up now I'm asking you,
- Who's Thomas, what's Thomas? What have you got to say?
- Thomas: I'm Thomas, I'm a tank engine, I'm from a place called Sodor,
- I'm heading for the goods yard where these trucks are meant to go,
- I don't know why I've stopped here, apart from the thing you dropped here,
- So if you could lift it up again...
- Oh, what do you want to know?
- Troublesome Trucks: He's lost, he's lost, and Thomas is his name!
- He wanted to be important, now he's only himself to blame!
- Beresford: Thomas? Who's Thomas? I've never heard of Thomas,
- Nor me. I know. You're me. That's true. I'm talking to myself!
- Now Thomas, little Thomas. You say that's what your name is,
- But I still don't know who you are, so tell me something else!
- Thomas: I'm Thomas, I'm a tank engine, and some would say I'm cheeky,
- And maybe I am cheeky cause I took these trucks from James.
- Troublesome Trucks: (spoken) "Yeah!"
- Thomas: But I was stuck on Sodor, where it's the same old railway,
- So I took them to the Mainland which I thought would make a change.
- Troublesome Trucks: He's lost, he's lost. He'll have to tell his boss!
- If we don't get a move on, then Sir Topham will be cross!
- Beresford: So many places you could go, so many things to see.
- And like the birds up in the sky, an engine's life is free...
- So engines always rush about, they never like to wait.
- They always have some reason like they're late, or late, or late...
- But if you'd like to travel on, you must do something more,
- You'll have to tell me something new I've never heard before!
- Thomas: Something new?!
- Beresford: Something new!
- Thomas: Does it have to be true?
- Beresford: It has to be true!
- Troublesome Trucks: He's lost, he's lost, he hasn't got a clue!
- He doesn't know what to say at all, he doesn't know what to do!
- Beresford: (spoken) "Is that right?"
- Thomas: (spoken) "Could you be quiet back there? I'm trying to think!"
- Troublesome Trucks: (spoken) "Don't try too hard! You'll burst your boiler! Poor Thomas, on the Mainland, nobody even knows his name!"
- Thomas: (spoken) "That's it!"
- I'm Thomas, I'm Thomas, but you've never heard of Thomas!
- Beresford: (spoken) "No, I've never heard of Thomas."
- Thomas: But that's my name, it's true!
- I'm Thomas, I'm Thomas,
- And if you've never heard of me, then when I said I was Thomas,
- I was telling you something new!
- Beresford: (Spoken) "Something new?"
- Thomas: And having told you that I think we're through!
- John Hasler as Thomas (UK)
- Joseph May as Thomas (US)
- Colin McFarlane as Beresford
- Kerry Shale as the Troublesome Trucks
- Rob Rackstraw as the Troublesome Trucks
- Christopher Ragland as the Troublesome Trucks
- Lucy Montgomery as the Troublesome Trucks
- When Beresford sings, "So why should I let this Thomas simply hurry on his way?" the scene is slowed down a bit in the music video. Because of this, the sound effect of his hook is played a bit later than the special's version.
In Other Languages
|Russian||Что за Томас?|
|Serbian||Ko je Tomas?|
|Spanish||¿Quién es Thomas?|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.